After brief X outage, Musk says refocusing on businesses
If you’ve been wondering what’s been going on with Elon Musk lately, the answer is simple: he’s back to working around the clock—literally.
After a major X outage impacted tens of thousands of users across the globe this weekend, Musk jumped back online to reassure his followers that he’s once again in full-throttle mode. In a post on X (formerly Twitter), he shared that he’s “spending 24/7 at work,” juggling between X, xAI, Tesla, and even the upcoming Starship launch.
So what exactly happened, and what’s next? Let’s break it down in simple terms.
What Happened to X This Weekend?
On Saturday, social media platform X experienced a major outage, affecting over 25,800 users at its peak, according to Downdetector. Users in the U.S., as well as countries like Germany, France, India, and Australia, reported issues accessing the platform.
Quick Fact: The number of user reports quickly dropped to below 650 by midday, meaning the platform was mostly restored within hours.
X hasn’t publicly commented on the cause of the outage just yet, but the disruption was significant enough for Musk to sound the alarm—and dive headfirst back into work.
Musk’s Response: “Back to Sleeping in Server Rooms”
In true Elon fashion, Musk took to his platform with a candid update:
“Back to spending 24/7 at work and sleeping in conference/server/factory rooms.”
That’s not just dramatic flair. Musk is known for his intense work ethic and willingness to put in marathon hours during critical moments. He says his focus is now locked on X, xAI, and Tesla, especially with “critical technologies rolling out” and a Starship launch scheduled for next week.
Why It Matters for Tesla and Investors
Elon Musk wearing multiple hats isn’t new—but it does raise concerns for some Tesla investors. The drop in Tesla’s annual deliveries last year, partially tied to public backlash over Musk’s political views, had already shaken investor confidence.
Add to that his previous shift in focus to political donations (Musk spent nearly $300 million backing Donald Trump and other Republicans), and it’s easy to see why some shareholders were getting nervous.
Now, Musk says he’s cutting back on political spending and refocusing on his companies, signaling a more stable period ahead. For Tesla investors, that’s likely welcome news.
Will Musk’s 24/7 Work Schedule Pay Off?
Only time will tell. But with so many high-stakes projects in play—like xAI’s next-gen tools, Starship’s launch, and ongoing Tesla innovations—it’s clear Musk is betting big on his return to hands-on leadership.
TL;DR:
- X had a major outage affecting over 25,000 users.
- Elon Musk responded by announcing he’s back to working “24/7” at X, xAI, and Tesla.
- The outage is mostly resolved, with under 650 reports remaining by Saturday afternoon.
- Musk says he’s pulling back from political spending and doubling down on his business empire.
Final Thoughts
Elon Musk’s return to full-time hustle mode might be just what his companies—and shareholders—need. Whether you’re a Tesla investor, X user, or just following the latest in tech drama, it’s a story worth watching.
Want more updates like this delivered straight to your feed? Don’t forget to bookmark us for real-time tech and business news.
#ElonMusk #XOutage #TeslaNews #TechUpdates #StarshipLaunch